The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 31, 2015

Jamie 

Because the weather was a challenge, we decided to order Chinese food for Mom's birthday. We must have ordered a lot because they gave us a bunch of fortune cookies! After dinner I grabbed one and opened it to find no fortune inside, to which Shannon immediately said, "That must be Mom's. She's got it already." LOL! That was the best. I hope it was a great one, Mom!


Shannon

One of the things I hadn't been able to fit in recently, but really had wanted to do is work with words. Then I realized it would be a great thing to do on Friday, because it still feels like studious, but was fun... a perfect pairing for the end of week energy. This week I was inspired to look up a bunch of words I kept hearing in nail polish review videos (Oh YouTube, you supply us with so many things to get obsessed with...). Fun times. And shiny!

 

Suzie

I have had several people say that tights aren't pants. Like there is something wrong with just wearing tights. Personally, they are one of the best things for me and make me feel like a superhero instead of wearing big frumpy pants since nothing fits me well. I say if Superman can wear tights in public, I can too!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That was so funny with the fortune cookie Jamie! I am really glad we ordered food to celebrate Mom's birthday, I am sure she would have approved :)

I love that Suzie! If Superman can wear tights in public, so can I! Very powerful. And I looked up the definition of pants and tights qualify. Don't listen to the naysayers!

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh that seems to fitting with Mom and the fortune! I know she must have loved that. I think next year I will make Chinese for her birthday. :) Yes, totally think she would approve Shannon.

I love your current passion for words Shannon and wow, what a cool collection to look up inspired by nail polish videos. It's true, every passion has its own vocabulary, doesn't it?

Thank you for looking up tights and that they qualify as pants. That makes me feel better. I keep getting comments about it and seriously, it is clothing of superheroes. How can that be bad?