The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, January 16, 2015

January 16, 2015

Jamie

Last night it was such a joy to get out to the opening night of Juli Lyons' photography exhibit. She's such a delight and a wonderful talent - and you'll both get to know here in the Beta!


Shanno

I can't believe it...I finally finished Burn Notice! 7 seasons, 1 made-for-TV movie, with lots of explosions, tough situations, creative solutions and of course...yogurt. I really enjoyed the series, and am glad I finally just bought it all to enjoy it at my own pace...and then of course powered through it. I was looking back and I actually started watching it 2 years ago almost to this day. What are the chances? That's when I snagged this shot from the first seasons, and I always thought it was a great character shot as it captures all three of Michael, Sam and Fiona in one go. Too bad it's a big fuzzy, but I still think the moment reads.


Suzie

I totally was a spazz and fell while I was out for a walk and sprained my ankle. I had to walk, very slowly, 10 blocks home and it is pretty swollen. As a result, I had an art day yesterday again, thanks to Lisa Congdon. But then the creative energy was gone. I did not like having to be in my crafts room because I had to stay off my ankle. It made it less fun. So I had a long nap instead.

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Shannon, (Please forgive this) you burned through that!!! hahahaha. I couldn't resist.

I'm so glad you treated yourself to the experience. I know how much you've enjoyed it. And that's a totally great shot! It really reads!

Oh, Suzie, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it heals up well and quickly and that you get some rest.

I love your picture! What a cool way to combine collage and drawing. Your flowers are wild!

Shannon said...

What a joyous photo of Juli, Jamie! Oh my alliteration! It's awesome that you got out to exhibit! What a treat :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle Suzie, but glad to hear you tended to it and let it rest. Art is a great activity for days when have you stay off your feet, and I love your drawing - it's so awesome you are enjoying Lisa's class!

LOL that's a good groaner Jamie! Burning through Burn Notice! I sure did....7 seasons in less than 2 months! Wow!