The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

January 7, 2015

Jamie

Another day working gently back into the studio. Luckily Jinx kept me company. Though clearly she wasn't too sure about this gnome guy!


Shannon

It's only days into the new year and new TV series are upon us! I took a chance on the period-musical-comedy Galavant, which really just seemed like such a silly idea...I wasn't sure if it would be Medieval Times or Merlin with singing. Turns out, a bit of both (sans-magic...at least so far), and I happily enjoyed it. Very silly, but also smart with catch songs but it isn't singing throughout the entire show. It's only on for 4 weeks, and I think I'll be sticking with it.



Suzie

It was at least +12C today and it wasn't raining so Reg and I went out for lunch at a new café in our neighbourhood and they gave us complimentary Italian Wedding Soup which was fabulous. I went to the library, picked up some dried anchovies and shrimp (which Reg didn't flinch at) and then came home and crashed on the couch. I am hoping that the walk will help me sleep tonight and it did our spirits wonders.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I feel like we haven't even cleared the PVR and the new shows are upon us! I love the sound of this one - in all its oddity and surprise!

Nothing like an outing and some soup to buoy the spirits. I hope you got some sleep, Suzie!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Jinx, he's your friend! Although he is very tall, wow! Super cute.

Shannon, I totally missed that one. Thankfully it's re-airing on Saturday. Sounds like fun!

Sadly, I did not sleep. I can't figure it out. Sigh...

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness Jamie that picture is priceless! I love how they are (almost) the same size :)

I read yours too quickly Suzie, I thought you picked up shrimp at the library! Now that would be a really odd place to get it. I'm glad you got a chance to go out and are getting good weather there (you don't want to know what it is here right now!).

I hope you guys like Galavant. It's almost cheesy... might even be cheesy. Hehehe... watch & you'll find out!

Suzie Ridler said...

LOL, wow, that would have been too handy, to pick up food at the library!

Cheesy is good right now. :) Looking forward to watching it.

We watched Agent Carter last night. Loved it! Well, most of it.