The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 17, 2015

Jamie 

I love it when this card shows up! For me it always means, "Now is a time you're going to feel like yourself!" And I did. I'm having such a good time putting together the beta program and my new schedule is feeling so good. I even got my newsletter done during the week so it was all set to go by the end of the week. Sweet! On to the weekend :)
 


Shannon

Here is a little behind the scenes of vlogomania that happened Friday. I was determined to get my 2015 Book to Film Challenge video done, and it took a lot of takes. Mr. Man decided to visit me for some of it. I'm shocked he sat on my lap when I was sitting on the ground! I am not sure he's ever done that before. He must of been the lucky charm to finally getting it done!


Suzie

Another day off my ankle and this time I got all nice and cozy on the couch and watch my Craftsy hand embroidery class. What I lack for perfection I make up for in character which is just fine with me. They have a new class of beaded embroidery which is a dream of mine to learn how to do. I figure I should finally do this class to prep for that one. Which I will take. One day.

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, that looks beautiful, Suzie! I absolutely love it. I'm a big fan of embroidery. I've loved it since I was a kid and had so much fun when I did a bit last year. You're inspiring me to do some more!

I hope you're ankle feels better soon!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love that the sharing card means you feel like you Jamie! And what was your secret to getting your schedule to work? I am glad it's working for you.

Your embroidery last year was amazing Jamie. I do hope you try again, you're so good at it. And thanks, the ankle is doing a bit better. Still swollen but I can walk so I am grateful for that.

Shannon said...

Wow, what a fascinating interpretation of Sharing Jamie, I love that! And I'm thrilled to hear your new scheduling is feeling good, that is such an wonderful (and underestimated!) thing :)

Whoa, those were done by hand Suzie! When I saw the pictures on Facebook I thought it was done via machine! That's amazing! And how awesome is it that they are having a beaded embroidery class? I can totally see you doing that!

Late add from me :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

That's because this card is the Queen of Wands, Shannon :) I didn't realize until looking at it now that the sharing is welcoming people into the beta and Circe's Circle. So wonderful!

I love seeing your behind the scenes - and especially Mr Man having a special spot there! I really enjoyed the video!

The secret to the schedule has been refining gradually. So first I looked at what I spend my time on. Then what I want to spend my time on. Then I start blocking out time for those things, try on the schedule and refine as I go. So far this one is coming together beautifully!

That's great news your ankle is doing better, Suzie. And thanks for the kind words about my embroidery!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh the Queen of Wands is so YOU Jamie! Oh that is so smart, thank you for sharing that scheduling technique. :)

Shannon, I wonder why Mr. Man doesn't usually sit on your lap on the floor? I'm glad he helped you through that vlogging marathon.

Wow, really? You thought my embroidery was that good?! Thank you so much!!! Having a light table has made all the difference. I am glad I didn't rush through the class without one. Although my water soluble ink turns out to also be invisible ink. It disappeared after 24 hours!

Jamie, your embroidery totally inspired me not to give up. I remember the skirt with the little images on it. So cute.