The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1, 2015

Jamie

One of my very favourite things about New Year's Eve is our ritual of making delicious mushroom risotto. We had some challenges along the way but ultimately this dish didn't let us down. Or the steaks we served with it - wowzers, just about the best we'd ever had. Nothing like a good meal to send off the old year and say hello to the new! Happy New Year, everyone!


Shannon

Happy New Year!! I was very thankful to ring in the New Year indoors with great company (/wave Jamie!) and watching lots of the New Years celebrations, and even though this one wasn't Canadian it was oddly memorable. Here's to a fun-filled, exciting, prosperous 2015 for all!



Suzie

In retrospect, I should probably have not gone for a walk yesterday because I coughed a lot all day when I got home but I needed mushrooms so there you are. I did wear my monster had though to keep warm. In Vancouver it's totally normal (and sometimes preferred) to walk down back alleys and that is what I like to do. So much quieter and for some reason, faster. So this is my hood.

5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I loved that last sentence, this is my hood.

Great photo. So fun.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Lol, maybe mushrooms is a New Year's tradition all around!

Suzie, I hope that you're doing okay and enjoyed your mushrooms and New Year's!

Shannon, that's so true it was memorable. Though I still can't believe they didn't have Toronto coverage for the 30th year at Nathan Philips Square!!

Shannon said...

I can say for certain that risotto is amazing Jamie! And the steaks too. I love your tradition of making it yearly, yum yum yum!!

I can't believe they didn't show the 30th anniversary at Nathan Phillips Square either Jamie! I feel for the folks that were there though...it was so cold out last night!

That is so awesome you are enjoying your hood Suzie, and I misread it a sec thinking you were saying it was normal to walk down the street in a monster hat, .. but maybe that is the case too!

Happy New Year all :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh I thought you went to Dave and Sylvia's? Maybe you made them risotto, LOL? Not to worry, grains for new years is good luck I am sure, not to mention delicious.

What a bummer they didn't show Toronto's New Year's Eve celebration! Want to hear something even lamer? They re-showed the New Year's one here from New York three hours later as though it was live.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh, sorry to be confusing! David and Sylvia through a New Year's Eve Eve party, hehe. I love it. It's great to get out and celebrate *not* when everyone else is!

Oh, that's great to know about the good luck!

That's so weird they re-showed the New York one, Suzie! Totally weird.