The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 8, 2015

Jamie

Yesterday was a wild day - both intense and quiet, hopeful and disappointing. I was thrilled to interview Gregg Levoy and had a great time talking to him. He gave me some beautiful feedback about my interview skills that just made my day! I'd also been really determined to get out to choir and committed to starting yesterday but the cold was just too much for my breathing. On the good side, Shannon and Justin helped me get my book light working. With that and my new beautiful clear clipboard I'll be all set for next week.


Shannon

I didn't take many pictures yesterday, but I love this crazy colourful one of veggies! I am really looking forward to lots of farmers plates. I love having a whack ton of chopped veggies to dive into as a healthy treat. Yum!



Suzie

Another day, another doctor's appointment and I have a lot more to go. Two in one week was hard though but got some tests done and my doctor is very efficient. Too bad she is leaving soon on maternity leave but at least I am getting stuff done.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, those veggies look so awesome!! That picture is so inviting. Farmers plates ftw! Plus salads too. Thank you!

Suzie, good for you for taking good care of yourself. I know it's hard to get out and do all of this but I truly hope it supports your good health in the long run. ((bighugs))

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, I am so happy the interview with Gregg Levoy went well and that he gave you awesome feedback. I am sorry to hear about the cold weather keeping you at home though, that's a bummer. BTW, I had no idea what the "tech" was I was looking at. At first I thought it was a mini US lamp with space-like glasses, LOL.

Shannon, I love your food photography! It looks like art!!! Yay to fresh veggies and farmers plates.

Thanks Jamie, me too. If I didn't think this was good in the long run I would have stayed in bed. BTW, I slept!!! :)

Shannon said...

omg that is such a cute picture Jamie!! What a whirlwind of a day. How wonderful to get such great feedback from such a big guest! And I'm so sorry it was too cold to get out to choir, but you are super set for next week!

I can't believe that your doctor is going on maternity leave so soon after you start seeing her... I hope the interim doctor is good. And I totally understand those 2 appointment weeks are rough going. I hope you get some rest soon Suzie.

Suzie Ridler said...

I know Shannon, it's quite heartbreaking. She will be back in six months and I already waited 3 to meet her. The clinic is run very efficiently and I am sure whoever takes over for her will be fine.