The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015

Jamie 

I love Art Day! And now that I've figured out the "It's going to be so much better if you make a crockpot meal" it's even better! We sat there, drawing and painting, as a delicious meal cooked away. What better way is there to spend a Sunday afternoon?


Shannon

Art Day in effect! It's so much fun to see what the blank page turns into. What an adventure!

 

Suzie

We got to play D&D again now that I am less plagued in real life and it was a real challenge. Here is the entourage going through the city but I am off down the alley in a fight. I was warned not to be so violent and use my head and diplomacy more but I ended up getting beaten to a pulp. OK, after killing the guy in the alley. But I really tried to think creatively and less with my sword. Wasn't easy! But I think I did it and I am hoping for a promotion.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, Suzie, D&D is really involved. That's fascinating the story that's developing and the learning it's asking for. No wonder people really get connected to this game.

And I have to enjoy that you've got those figures on the table and on our table there's a bowl full of animal figures! I'm going to do more glitter bombing!

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay for Art Day! And for miniatures, love it. That and crockpot dinners, well done. That's so funny we were all playing with figures yesterday.

I had no idea that D&D was going to be so involved either! When he said I had to show more initiation I cringed inside. Not the first time I have heard that in my life. Turns out initiation isn't the same thing as striking someone with a sword, LOL. Doh!

Reg said that many of the big leaders in business used to play D&D and I can see why. You really have to learn problem solving, group management, leadership… It's crazy!

Shannon said...

It was an awesome Sunday afternoon Jamie! I love getting to see your elephants and that awesome bowl of animals. Art Day for the win!

You get promotions in D&D? And advice on how to play? That's wild. I am glad it sounds like you survived this time, woohoo! And glad you are feeling well enough to get out and play.

Late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Awesome you both had art day! :) Nice photo Shannon, love it.

I don't know if this is the way our particular DM plays but Reg seems to think it's normal to get the advice.