The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 29, 2015

Jamie

I'm so glad that last night I went out to choir, where we sang this song. Suzie, you would have loved it. I'm really trying to make this a part of my regular routine, getting out to sing. It's a real treat every time.


Shannon

I finished Black Beauty! YAY! I think I'm more excited about finishing it because it's the first of the Book to Film Challenge books than about the book itself, when I only liked but didn't love. So funny. Now I have to think of what to say and/or how to review it in a book to film context. FUN!!!!


Suzie

I finally found a smoked ham hock and today I put it to good use in this GIANT pot of Best Bean Soup that is in the Latvian Cooking Cookbook. I want to post in on my blog on Friday for Mom's birthday.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh I LOVE that song Jamie! I'm so glad you go to choir and I'm totally going too when I come to visit.

Shannon, way to go! One book down… :) Looking forward to how you frame the book to film coverage.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you made it out to choir Jamie, what a great song choice and getting so sing is so wonderful.

I'm so curious to hear about the soup Suzie, it looks amazing! I totally thought you would have done the kidney bean one....oh...but you don't like kidney beans. Now I get it. Doh!

I'm hoping to do my vlog on Black Beauty on the weekend! One thing about having a new project is that it means working in more time to do it, and to share it too!

Suzie Ridler said...

I think the kidney bean one has cabbage in it, doesn't? Reg can't stand the smell. I also don't think I have that recipe.

Oh it's true. A new project, a new pace! Or new schedule. Or, whatever works.