The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

January 13, 2015

Jamie

The arrival of this gardening catalogue is like the promise of spring! I've been loving looking through it, imagining. One caught my eye immediately - Star of Billion! What a wonderful name. And then, believe it or not, I was listening to CBC radio while making a tea and they were talking about the stars of your garden and someone called in and said, "Astrantia Major, which is also called Star of Billion." Now, that's a sign! I'm ordering it for sure.


Shannon

I do love that one of the things I can do that doesn't take too much effort is play Destiny. I recently leveled up (woohoo!) and got to go to the MOON! This is the town in the sky near earth though...I need to take some moon pictures. The moon!!!


Suzie

Another reason why I love living here. I took this photo from the parking lot of our closest Walmart! What you are looking at is what they call an "inversion" which used to happen to us when we lived on the mountain all the time. It is essentially fog but clouds you can see above at the same time. In fact that white rectangular piece on the mountain is the ski hill on Grouse Mountain and you can see specks of people in the photo if you look really close! What a place, nowhere else quite like it.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Heck yeah, if that isn't a sign to start planting those, I don't know what is Jamie!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, that's beautiful, Suzie!! The mountains are truly amazing. I'm glad you get to visit them :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, that is the coolest! You're making me want to play that game so I can go to the moon.

Thank you Jamie. I love being able to see the mountains (well, on a clear day) all the time and commune with their magic. I really think they're making me stronger.

Shannon said...

Star of Billion! Now that sounds prosperous Jamie! Hopefully it doesn't mulitply by the billions, or that will be a lot of weeding :)

Wow that is a gorgeous picture Suzie, all those clouds, it's quite an amazing natural occurance!

Another late add from me.