The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015

Jamie

We're managing to really get to Art Day each week and it's such a joy! I've been gesso-ing figures for glitter bombing in addition to playing with paint! This week we had a lot of fun continuing to create circles a la Lisa Congdon!


Shannon

I think those animals want to go right INTO the camera and have a great adventure!!



Suzie

Another wild night at D&D. It was supposed to be a mentorship night that went OK until we decided to let all hell break loose and fight amazon warriors. Reg is down (in front) and I am on the right trying to make my way to him to save him (which I did). That guy looking at me menacingly decided to go from a friendly to attacking me. It was brutal. We actually lost a party member, one of the new recruits! I'm amazed most of us got out of there alive. A night the newbies won't forget!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

The animals are coming! The animals are coming! Or should it be the gesso is coming? I can't wait to see these awesome darlings all glitter bombed! So much fun Jamie.

Last of the late adds from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh I LOVE seeing all the animals and yes Shannon, they are quite the divas, aren't they? Snuggling up to the lens. Yay, so glad you got to have another art day complete with animal-gessoing and painting circles. :)

Late add from me too! D&D went super late.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, look at all those figurines - animals, amazon warriors, recruits and more! Sounds like it was a playful, exciting day for everyone!

Shannon said...

Wow, the D&D adventures continue to be surprizing Suzie! That's awesome that there was some mentoring going on, and it sounds like they found out how deadly the game can be!!