The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 27, 2015



Shannon

Meet my new timer! My chicken seems to have run away somewhere, but I really need a timer to make sure I switch off the computer so I picked up a new one. I could barely reach this one off the shelf and almost settled for a lemon, but kept reaching for this pear and finally got it! Woohoo!


Suzie

It was crazy-warm and beautiful on Monday! We broke records on Sunday too and the earth is responding. I couldn't believe it when I saw these snowdrop flowers. They usually bloom on Vancouver Island (which is always a bit ahead of us) in February. My eyes just teared up walking in the sunshine on the way home from the doctor's. I'm so very, very grateful for where I live.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I am absolutely amazed at the weather there Suzie, what a treat to see flowers blooming...in January! That's extraodinary!

Suzie Ridler said...

I wonder what happened to your chicken timer Shannon? Although I love the pear, it's awesome.

This is crazy-mild and early for us here but I am not complaining. This is the time of year where the move will make the most difference to my health. From here until May actually. The east coast takes forever to warm up in the spring.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

What a wonderful pear! I'm glad you held out for it, Shannon! It's so cute.

Wow, snowdrops! That is so amazing, Suzie. What a relief it must be to be experiencing a whole other kind of winter. These feel like a blessing. Thanks for sharing - it makes me look forward to spring!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh it is such a relief Jamie! And yay to spring!