The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Rewind: December 30, 2012


Jamie

With year-end right around the corner, I've been doing a lot of reflecting, thinking about my dreams, both old and new. This Polaroid was taken because I needed a photo for a dance audition. I've always had a fire for performance. It's hard to imagine that I was already feeling to old for my dance dreams here, as a girl really. I remind myself of that now too, whenever I'm feeling I might be too old for a dream. I imagine my 70-year-old self looking at a photo of me today and saying, "What was I thinking? Look at me! I was full of possibilities."


Suzie

Our first New Year's Eve celebration downtown in Citadel Square five years ago with Mike and Jen. We were homeless, living in a motel close by and eating constantly at Maxwell's Plum because they had cheap food. We were so hopeful about this new phase in our lives back then.

Looks like it is going to be the last New Year's Eve we all spend in Nova Scotia. Oddly, I have mixed feelings about it. Even though it has been brutal, we still made sure to have as much fun as we could together. I will miss that.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been 5 years Suzie! It's awesome to see such a happy picture :)

Suzie Ridler said...

I can't believe it either Shannon! :)

Jamie, it's true, we can really be hard on ourselves when it comes to dreams. I had no idea that photo was for a dance audition BTW! All I see is a young girl who can do anything and it ready for the world.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, I can't believe it either! Wow, 5 years.

I hope the next phase of your lives is full of hope, love and feeling great. You guys really deserve these smiles and a fresh New Year!

And thanks, Suzie. I see a lot of hope and enthusiasm in that picture. I hope that's how I face the New Year too :)