The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012

Jamie

I've been working really hard to be able to share my Vision Card Workshop with people for the holiday season. I love this practice and do it every year and was so excited to put together this class so that everyone could join in. I can't wait to make my Vision Cards this year.


Shannon

I feel like I should have posted this one yesterday because it's totally nostalgic for me. Anyhow, how funny is it that during a big clean up this weekend I ran across the book "The Big Tidy-Up". I LOVE this book! I don't even remember reading the story, but just looking at all the pictures (I guess I didn't get 'the message' on tidying up, if there is one). In particular I used to look for the lollipops on the pages, even if there was only 2 I was convinced there was more and it was a game to find them!




Suzie

I did go out with some friends on the weekend and we ended up going for coffee and dessert in a lovely area called The Hydrostone. We shared this piece of "opera cake". It is getting colder though and getting out is getting harder. Still, it was nice to have a festive day out with friends.

6 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, your cards are gorgeous!!! I am sure people are going to go crazy for your course, beautiful and the perfect way to start the new year.

Shannon, OMG, I remember that book so well! I am so happy you still have it. I remember looking at all the details too, especially the lollipops. What a treat! Thank you for that.

Sorry I am a bit late. All I do is sleep lately which I guess is good. Doesn't make me very productive though.

Shannon said...

I'm so exciting to hear your progress on the Vision Card workshop Jamie! I actually can't remember if I made vision cards last year. I hope I make some this year!

What an awesome piece of cake there Suzie! I am surprized that was a shareable piece, I'd easily be able to take care of it myself! hahahah

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the flashback of the pic of The Big Tidy-Up! I don't have many books from my childhood, but this along with a large Winnie the Pooh book and 101 Dalmations are some of the ones I really treasure.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, I love The Big Tidy Up! Did you know that we had that when I was a kid? I remember all the pictures too. Shannon, I love that you turned it into a game!

Wow, that cake looks delicious! There's nothing like sharing sweets :) I'm glad you got out and had a nice time, Suzie.

And thanks for the encouragement about the Vision Cards. It's been wonderful to share the process with people. I hope it sparks some amazing magic in 2013!

Suzie Ridler said...

It was a lovely dessert Shannon and it was almost closing time so we just chomped it down, LOL.

I remember that book when I was a kit too so I am not surprised it was Jamie's!

People are going to love making vision cards Jamie, I just know it.

Shannon said...

I had a feeling that The Big Tidy-Up made it through all of our hands and hearts! I love that we have shared memories of it :)

And here's for new memories to be made with 2013 vision cards!