The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 4, 2012

Jamie

We had to laugh yesterday when we pulled out the Christmas decorations, turned to a holiday music channel and saw (comma added) "Justin, Time for Christmas"!! What a howl! Especially funny because we were totally breaking the tradition of no holiday stuff until after my birthday. Dad's coming to visit tonight and we thought it would be lovely to be a little festive. The house is clean, some decorations are up, and we topped off the night with a glass of Merlot and Toy Story 3.


Shannon

Is it just me, or has it been a rough few days?  Even so, I am happy that I now have a very clean floor. Hopefully I will keep it that way. Actually I think I might get a little crazy about keeping it that way. I'll have to perfect the whole soapy water thing, I always end up with it being way too soapy!


Photobucket

Suzie

Yesterday was +9C so I could get out and return my library books. I decided to get some other stuff done and daw that they have made this lovely path over our river! There are even benches and some new trees that have gone in. This is the now a park-like setting where I live, I can hardly believe it.

But I am not getting too comfortable. Especially after all the hate I experienced yesterday. I knew it was coming but it's never fun. Yes Shannon, rough few days indeed!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

LOL Jamie! I can't believe that ~ a Christmas song, just for Justin. He must be *thrilled*. How lovely to get all festive up for Dad's visit! I hope you have a lovely time :)

And Suzie it's so awesome they have a park-like area near you, that must be so nice! Especially after the rather rough day yesterday.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, look at that shiny floor! That's awesome, Shannon. WTG. I'm sure you will perfect the soapy water thing. In fact, I'm pretty sure you've perfected anything you set your mind to!

I'm sorry it's been such a rough few days. Hopefully things will turn around. At least we know there's lasagne in the future ;) (Shannon's coming over for lasagne this week, hehe)

Wow, what a nice day, Suzie! Looks like we're having that kind of a mild day here today! Yay to a new path... hmm... symbolic or what!

And Suzie, I'm so sorry that you had such negativity come your way. I wish I could invite you over for a lasagne dinner too. ((hugs))

Suzie Ridler said...

That is wild Jamie! And Justin, LOL. I guess you were both doing the right thing yesterday and it must feel so nice to have the house ready for the holidays and all nice and clean like that. Say hi to Dad for me and enjoy the ambiance.

Shannon, those floors are so tough to clean, I know, I've had them and you did amazing! May I ask how?

Our neighbourhood is going through a transformation (thank goodness). In the background you can see a Good Life, a Giant Tiger... That big space was empty for five years and now everything is popping up. It's very healing for me to see it happen.

Yes, rough is the word! I'm sorry it's bee for you too Shannon. It's true Jamie, like tea, lasagna always helps (lucky you Shannon!). Thanks Jamie. Lasagna and sister therapy would definitely help get rid of all that negative energy.

We are getting weirdly warm weather and little precipitation so it's been a miracle and getting to walk in December? A blessing.

Shannon said...

My cleaning technique was *very* high tech.

First, I swept big stuff away.
Then, used one of those yellow sponges with the green scrubbie side down and used soap and water (Ivory dish soap).
Sometimes rinsed with water.
Then dried with a linen tea towel (because it was SOOOO soapy).

:)

I'm pretty sure you are suppose to do wet first and then dry, but there was too much dust for me to do that. This method actually worked quite well! Oh, but I had to clean & clear everything that was in the way first.

Suzie Ridler said...

Excellent form Shannon! Always dust/sweep before cleaning, otherwise you end up moving the crap around a lot so good for you for listening to your instincts.

I love how you used dish soap, that's awesome. The only thing is it is way more concentrated than regular cleaners to next time you will just need a little. Hence all the soapiness. Drying with a towel is good practice too, although like right now I don't always do it. I almost always finish off my cleaning with a towel to make thing really have a smooth surface or shine.

Shannon said...

Thanks Suzie! I can't decide if I want to foray into concentrated cleaners, I worry they will be too powerful so I'm sticking with my stand by of Ivory for now (Sunlight and Palmolvie both make me break out).

Normally I would never thing to dry but I've seen Jamie do it and it totally works (and you don't have to wait!). Woohoo!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Hehe, I'm so glad that my drying things came in handy :) I've taken to using mostly soap and water too.

I always do dry and then wet because all the dry stuff gets so blechy when it's wet :) Up to down. Dry to wet. And then dry - lol.

Shannon said...

WOOHOO to more dry to wet!