The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5, 2012

Jamie

The Cthulu yarn has arrived! LOL, I love that I can share this online, with you guys and all our readers, and still keep it a secret from Justin! I'm not sure when I'm going to get the crocheting done without him seeing it though! I ordered a whole bunch of yarn and am shocked by some of the colours. I've bought tons of Bernat yarn before and don't remember anything being the kind of crazy bright neon vibe that so many of the colours I chose are. "Berry" makes Santa's outfit look tame! It's going to make for some kind of obnoxious booties, hehe. I hope someone will find them very entertaining!


Shannon

When in doubt... cute cat pic. Definitely best part of the day was coming home to a purring kitty!


Photobucket

Suzie

I thought this week was going to be a quiet and relaxed one. It's not going to be. Last night we had to go out to get Reg some clothes for a Christmas party we are suddenly going to. As I sat waiting for him to show off the new duds, I heard Simon Le Bon singing, "And as I try to make my way, to the ordinary world, I will learn to survive." It really resonated with me on many levels. Duran Duran got me through the worst time of my life and the recent mean comments I have gotten are stirring up old issues. Trying not to shut down...

7 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Such a cute cat pic too! And yes, you could never go wrong with a photo of Mr. Man.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Mr Man!! He's such a cutie. I'm glad he can be there to bring the cute-factor and some cuddles to a rough day!

And that Simon can be there for you, Suzie! It's amazing how music can be so important in our lives. Sending lots of love and belief in you. ((bighugs))

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Psst... I managed to pop in and put up a picture while Dad's getting ready to head out, hehe.

Suzie Ridler said...

Me oh me! I would love obnoxious booties! I did notice that one their site, some of the colours are wild. After looking there, all the pastels at Michaels bored me. I will get my next batch of yarn online.

I watched the video Jamie and Simon kind of looks like one of my EXs (starts with B). Which kind of freaked me out. I guess there is some stuff I still have to deal with. Thank you so much and yay! So glad you got a picture up and can share Cthulu with us and not give away the secret to Justin.

Shannon said...

It's so exciting to see the Cthulu yarn Jamie! I can't wait to see it manifest and all the crazy colours! And for a moment I misread that as a Santa Cthulu...I don't quite thing that is what you are going for, eh?

I love when you hear just the right song, at just the right time Suzie! And added with the nostalgia goodness to boot. Simon Le Bon to the rescue :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Be careful what you ask for, Suzie! hehe.

That must have been a weird flashback to B. Maybe there's some clearing going on, things that are ready to be released. ((hugs))

Justin's at work today. Maybe I'll use some of my lunch hour for Cthulu time.

Suzie Ridler said...

Woot! I welcome the obnoxiousness. Hehe...

I know, I can't wait until Jamie "creates Cthulu" too!

Yes, I think music tastes me back to the past more than scent does but I have always been I guess you could say nasally challenged? OK, that sounds bad.