The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 27, 2012

Jamie

Boxing Day was probably the most laid-back day that I've had all year. I'm still struggling with being sick and so spent most of the day either reading or sleeping, reading or sleeping. I completely devoured The Creative Life by Julia Cameron, which Shannon gave me for Christmas. It's kind of like tagging along with Julia as she goes about her daily creative life. There's something in me that needed to remember what it's like to be living this way. It was a real inspiration infusion. Thank you, Shannon.

Shannon

Still enjoying the awesome holiday leftovers with some green infusion of brussell sprouts.  A world of YUM!  Plus, turkey soup is made and just needs the fixings of peas and such to be enjoyed.  Delightful. :)




Suzie

No photos yesterday. Just sitting on the couch and watching a ton of Community. This show starts off crappy. It took me five episodes to start laughing (while I was crocheting). My friends insisted I should keep watching and now I am so glad I did. Although Jeff is a big TOOL I really like most of the rest of the cast. They're all kind of misfits and some of them are so adorable and inspiring. Not for everyone. As Jason said, it's a bit sharp, but turns out we love that and spent the day howling with laughter at the end of season 2. Just what we needed. 

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow Jamie, I love hearing about inspiring books like that and it sounds as though you finally got the rest you really needed. So glad.

Shannon, you're making me want to have brussel sprouts! I can't get Reg to eat them but I should pick some up for me. He finds them too bitter but you make them look so good.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the book Jamie, I just had a feeling it might be the right one for right now :) I'm sorry to hear you are still feeling under the weather but impressed that you are taking the time to rest.

I've heard a lot of people talk about their love for the show Community Suzie, and I'm thrilled to hear it's providing some much needed laughs.

It's so odd that I don't notice brussel sprouts being bitter at all! I wonder why. I don't know, but I'm going to enjoy more of them tonight!