The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 11, 2012

Jamie

Well, chaos has come to the studio and I haven't even got my new desk yet! I love the way it's showing me absolutely and concretely that the chaos and commotion is the first step to a new beginning. Sure, I'm working in this disarray but Justin is painting my cupboards for me to a beautiful shiny white. They're taking a long time and he's taking great care. I'm alreayd looking forward to the "after" picture of this major studio refresh.




Shannon

After a pretty long challenging day I decided to break open my 50-Horror Pack and start with the first film I'd never seen: Atom Age Vampire. I totally slept through the middle of it, but wow it was exactly what I was looking for: atmospheric, creepy, not too scary and totally easy to follow, even with the crazy dubbing.


Suzie

Yesterday I finally finished editing, exporting and uploading my éclairs video (thanks for the comment already Shannon!) and did two newsletters. I wanted to do something more craftsy but I just couldn't. So I went with productive instead. I put the outtakes at the beginning which I think is a fun way to get people to watch.

6 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow Jamie, I am so excited for you and can not wait to see that desk!!! It's amazing how one big change can turn everything upside down but I think that is symbolic and you totally are doing that for your life in such a big way. Awesome!

Shannon said...

Oh, I am liking the before picture Jamie, you are definitely a piler! I can't wait to see the after and it's so exciting to see that you are getting an nice infusion of new energy to the studio!

I loved the eclair episode of Cooking School for Deliquents Suzie! They looks amazing and you made it look so easy!

btw: Late add pic for me

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, what a COOL image! I LOVE it! That does sound like the perfect pic. I agree, very exciting stuff going on at your place Jamie. Oh good Shannon, I was worried the eclairs would seem overwhelming! :)

Ridler Sisters said...

"The first film I'd never seen" - I just love that phrase. I'm glad it turned out to be just right, Shannon!

And wow, Suzie, those eclairs are a feat! I went crazy at the part where it "pulls away from the sides." That was total magic! Wow! And I totally appreciate you saying that it was a time-consuming task. It's good to know that when you make a start! Great video.

And yes, I am so definitely a piler!! I'm working away amidst the mayhem and looking forward to getting to the reorganizing refresh part!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oops! I was annotating stART and forgot to log out, hehe.

Suzie Ridler said...

LOL, I wondered what happened there! Wasn't that crazy with the choux pastry?! It freaked me out too, especially how fast it happened. Oh good, I am glad to hear that the "timing consuming" factor came through because all those videos put together originally came to 56 minutes and I whittled it down to 12. Technically I spent 4 hours in my kitchen working on it too. Yay! So glad you liked the video, thank you.