The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22, 2012

Jamie

We had some wonderful Winter Solstice celebrations this week. All-day visits, making and enjoying chocolate chip cookies, enjoying the lights and watching Elf. What a great day! And when the cookies didn't taste quite the same as they always, always have, we discovered that I've been making them the "Jamie" way instead of the "Hazel" way for years!



Suzie

Reg and I decorated the front of the house and finally got some blue flood lights that work! Sadly we had a huge wind storm last night and many of the decorations were blown off but they're pretty indestructible. Reg put them back this morning.


9 comments:

Shannon said...

I love that pic, woohoo Santa Reg and snow :)

How lovely to see the Holiday spirit at your house! I hope the decorations that flew off were easy to find.

Suzie Ridler said...

Santa Reg has been very busy here!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Love that picture too! Santa Reg has been doing a lot to bring the holiday spirit to life. How wonderful!

And I'm in here late with a pic, but I'm in! Holiday prep and illness are knocking me out!

Shannon said...

COOKIES! It was so much fun to 'help' (haha) making cookies, mostly by eating them! And I love that you've made the recipe your own, although I still feel a little bad for correcting the recipe to the Hazel version! Hey were still good though :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh, I'm so glad you did! That's how we now know that they're Jamie's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, hehe. I may just have to make another batch!

Suzie Ridler said...

What on earth is the hazel way? Cute pic of Shannon, I love it!

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh and how do you make cookies differently?

Shannon said...

Oh, that makes me feel better, Jamie!

And thanks Suzie! It was such a treat after such a long day to be able to hang out with Jamie and Justin, enjoy cookies and watch Elf!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

The recipe that I've been using since I was about 12 is called Hazel's Chocolate Chip cookies. When we made them this week, we doubled the recipe and I said to Shannon, "So, it's a cup of white sugar and a cup of brown sugar, right?" And she checked the recipe and it wasn't. But I'd been making it with equivalent sugar for YEARS! I think that officially makes it my recipe :)