The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2: 2012 Rewind

Jamie

Way back when we were cleaning slides at Mom's, I took a pic of this wonderful shot of Mom and Suzie at Sauble Beach. What a cutie!

Under Our Willow Tree

It did not snow very often on Vancouver Island but we would get the occasional snowfall. What did happen all the time was me bumping into deer on my walks. I miss my old normal. It was so magical.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

So beautiful! Wow, I can't believe that the deer were more common than the snow. That's amazing!

Shannon said...

Awww, what lovely memories! Suzie you are so cute in that picture, what a cheery little girl!!

And I love the deers in the snow, I can't imagine seeing deers like that -how cool (uh, they are deers, right?)

Suzie Ridler said...

I keep forgetting that I was at Sauble Beach as a wee one too. No wonder it is in my soul. I love that place. Thank you so much for that Jamie, nice to have such a lovely photo of me and Mom and see that I was a baby once, LOL.

Yes Shannon, those are deer. ;) They were so unafraid of people on Vancouver Island. I once woke up with six on my front lawn. They loved to eat the flowers Mom and I planted. They are the gentle rulers of the island.

Shannon said...

Flower eating deer! Awesome :)