The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

December 29, 2012

Jamie

The last dreamboard of 2012: the Full Cold Moon. Even though I'm still not feeling well, I had the energy for pulling pictures and dreaming. I love that my familiar colour story showed up here at the end of the year. I haven't had a chance to get to know it yet, but  Ido see lots of work ahead - though lots of wonderful, good work, in an environment of clarity and serenity. I'm looking forward to more dreaming with this board!


Shannon

With a bluster-y and snow-y day it felt really nice to tuck into an old-school classic horror / b-movie flick and that is definitely what I got with Creature From the Haunted Sea. Who knew this was a noir-ish secret agent flick? Not I! And certainly not with that title. It was very entertaining and very goofy, and exactly what I was looking for.


Suzie

Reg and I were at Old Navy yesterday picking out a purple outfit Christmas gift for Lorraine which she loved and wore right away. While we were there Reg spotted this orange shirt with skiing skulls on it and it was 70% off! I know orange isn't one of "my colours" but for five dollars, I had to have it. I'm wearing it today and love it! It is good to break the rules. Not sure if I look bad in it but I love it so who cares?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the shirt Suzie, and what an awesome deal! And how great is that you found something that Lorraine loved so much she wore it right away - that's always a good sign :)

And late add pic for me :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Here's to breaking the rules! How could you say no to skiing skulls?! And yay to Lorraine liking her outfit too :)

Lol, I even love the interface for your horror movie, Shannon. It looks like you're about to enter an old school game.

I'm a bit late with my picture but I did get my dreamboard done. Yay!

Shannon said...

Gorgeous dreamboard Jamie, so beautiful! I love all the white and all the mirrors, definitely time for reflection :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay! So glad you both liked the shirt and I know, skiing skulls, totally couldn't say not.

Jamie, man, that is one dreamy dreamboard. I love that owl! And the woman with the big furry hat. Interesting that in the middle of the serene yet kind of cool images there is one that is darker and quite warm. Fascinating! I am impressed that you put a dreamboard together considering how you have been feeling.

Shannon, wow, never heard of that movie before but secret agent cheesiness sounds awesome!