The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, 2012

Jamie

Sometimes I'm spending so much time at my desk that I'm not sure what to take pictures of! Luckily today I started working on something I'm really excited about, kind of a manifesto but more of an expression of "The Studio Way" for Jamie Ridler Studios. So I've been identifying some guiding principles and having a marvellous time! I'm already imagining each of these being combined with a beautiful photograph and being printed on a postcard!




Shannon

Late Add! Yesterday I continued to Get Back to Reading, and even wrote about it over at Planet Shannon. I haven't put up a non-Star Trek post in ages! Now I know that piles doesn't look like there are many books, but somewhere hidden in there I believe to be my copy of The Great Gatsby! Fighting through that mess is going to be my quest of the day.

My Hal-Con 2012 Treasures

Suzie

Although sick, I still wanted to do a photoshoot of the cool stuff I bought at Hal-Con so I could finish up the coverage today. This is the owl pendant I tried to share with you at stART the other day. I really wish I could do work like this myself but it is really out of my league and this pendant haunted me. I just had to have it. It's weird sometimes wearing jewellery other people make but not this time. This is just so special and so me. It reminds me that it is OK not to have to do everything myself.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

It's a beautiful pendant, Suzie, and a very powerful message. I have a feeling that Athena might have some messages for you: http://www.lunaea.com/goddess/wisdom/athena.html.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Suzie Ridler said...

What a beautiful project Jamie and it's so you!!! I can understand the photo dilemma. I'm either on the computer or resting.

Oh wow, I love that interpretation of Athena! I love that she is not only about combat but of the skills at home and may seen distant but isn't. Thank you for that Jamie!

Shannon said...

I hear ya gals, I didn't put a pic up l... oh, I could have .. (I did).. although often I don't have much new images/space that I'm exploring.

I love seeing the ideas and words showing up in your Manifesto for the Studio Way Jamie! I think it would be lovely if each of the sentiments/steps were on an awesome postcard!

What a gorgeous pendant Suzie! I love how the owl and the moon look like they are winking at each other, even though they aren't even looking at each other! It's so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Suzie Ridler said...

Totally reminds me of my crafts room Shannon, good for you for taking it on and getting back to reading.

It's true, they do look like they're winking at each other in a way!

I love seeing what we're up to. Confirms (not that we needed it) that we are very interesting people.