The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20, 2012

Jamie

I love these inspiration pictures that I have on the side of the bookshelf by my desk. The bottom one was sent to me by MarilynM, who saw it and thought it was my style. How right she is! And the top one I saw on Pinterest the other day and immediately fell in love. I've printed it large here and also have a smaller copy in my journal. What an amazing presence.


Shannon

The big excitement was getting out to the laundromat. WOOHOO! Clean socks again! The world is a better place. I usually do my morning pages when I do laundry and it was a quiet day there, and I was the only one there when I snapped a few pics and I realized I don't take a lot of pics of me anymore so I might try and do that for Tuesdays with a callback to the SPC Self-Portrait Challenge back from the years when we started blogging. I'll see. Also had a nice experience at the laundromat helping a lady understand what coinage works in the machine. She was very sweet, and it reminded me that even when we don't understand something, we can ask for help, even if we don't speak the same language (which we didn't!).




Suzie

Again, no photos. Don't feel you have to watch all my videos, LOL. I just seem to be doing them more lately but I will get back to my photos. I tried to do Shannon's trick with the piece of paper but it was too big. I gotta get one of those little thingies you have Shannon and small cards. So this is just a vlog with some updates.

4 comments:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Awesome Inspiration Pics Jamie, and a great way to use the space - I love having things on the sides of bookcases :) They are both so great, the deer (is it a deer? a reindeer?) feels both alive and wintery at the same time. I love the bottom on too, I totally feel like you could step into and live in that room!

I'm really enjoying the vlogs Suzie! Gotta love reveals :) And so many books to enjoy too - that's awesome! True Blood! WOOHOO That one looked awesome to me. If you are having fun with the vids it's totally cool to share!

OH - and my trick with the paper, I use index cards and hold them UP to the screen. They are smaller, but 'appear larger than they are' trick. And the trick with using small cards from a distance is CLARITY. You want them to be readable, white space between the letters is key. I thought the ones you had were good, it was just that the paper itself was too big. For the books you can always stand them upright beside you when you talk about them, and the do a reveal of a few pages. They look great!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, those images are so you! I love the cool, mystical yet earthy feeling. I can totally see why you put those up!

I am glad you are taking more photographs of yourself Shannon and that you have clean socks again. I did 6 loads of laundry yesterday so I was with you in spirit.

Yay! Thanks Shannon. I'm always nervous doing a vll so thank you and yes to True Blood. So exciting.

Actually, I was referring to your index cards that you used for your Halloween marathon, to make the videos unique. I don't have the drawing skills you have. I am hoping to get to the dollar store later this week when it warms up a little to get supplies.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love that red lentil soup too! It is in our regular rotation. In fact, every recipe we have tried from Marilyn's book is!! (Did you try the Southwestern Rollups? OMG!)

And that's awesome about Glo's cookbook. Can't wait to hear about that!

And wow, the lip balms! The reveal! So much going on, Suzie.
Your videos are awesome!

Shannon, yay to clean socks and for helping. You rock! That's so nice that you were able to help. And that's such a great lesson that it's okay to ask for help. Sometimes I need that reminder too!

Suzie Ridler said...

I think you made me those rollups Jamie! Mairlyn rocks.

I'm really excited about Glo's book, she is such a lovely lady. Yay, thanks Jamie, glad you enjoyed the vlog!

Absolutely, there are so many different ways to help and I often find that people who don't know a language so grateful when you even just try. Good for you Shannon!