The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21, 2012

Jamie

It was a coffee shop kind of day yesterday! Art picnic in the morning and Creativity Coffee in the afternoon. I think homes, theatres, art galleries, spas and coffee shops are my favourite places to be!


Shannon

I really meant to take a picture of cat food, because that was my errand of the day but sometimes I get freaked out taking pictures in stores so that must have made me forget!  Lucky for me pre-buying-cat-food I snagged a pic of journalling at the coffee shop.  I tried to get an image of the holiday coffee cup sans-slip-sleeve but that sucker was NOT coming off.  I guess yesterday was a day to roll with it, no matter what happened!


Photobucket

Suzie

Yesterday was all about food! I made a beet soup from the True Blood Cookbook but haven't eaten it yet. It was a little thin so I am going to reduce it a bit first and then take photos of it. Lorraine's old Oster blender totally rocks, I love making soups and purees in it.

Beet soup has always scared me but it makes Russell Edgington reminisce so I had to make it! And yes, I will even eat it. :)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Woohoo to coffee shops and beet soup!

I totally don't recognize that place Jamie, except through pictures! It will be hilarious if I stumble into it one day and be like... this is so familiar.....

Way to go for diving into the True Blood recipes Suzie! I'm sure Russell would be proud :)

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

LOL, that would be so funny, Shannon! Like a new kind of deja-vu!

I have to admit when yous aid you were going to take a picture of cat food I was relieved you took a coffee shop picture instead - then I realized you meant the can, LOL! I'm glad you had some coffee shop time too.

And whoa, True blood beet soup. That's crazy! I hope you like it, Suzie.

That's so cool you have Lorraine's old blender. I'm more and more attached to older stuff because *it works*!

Shannon said...

LOL yes cat food in the store. No one ever wants or needs to see actual wet food - YUCK!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, those are so your settings! :) I hope the Creativity Coffee went well. I'm still fighting my cold. I tried to do something creative but I zoned out and read snuggled up in blankets instead.

I actually think taking pictures of cat food would have been funny although wet food is not super appetizing.

Still haven't had the soup. I might have enough light to photograph it. So dark here so early!!!