The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

November 17, 2012


Jamie

Well, you knew where we were going to be last night! Shannon and I had a great time at Breaking Dawn Part 2. It's hard to believe we were also there for the opening night of Twilight! What an adventure. One of the traditions that I've developed over the years is taking a picture of Shannon taking a picture of the movie poster, hehe. Looks like that will be continuing :)

Shannon

Okay prognosticators, you called it and here it is!  The big reveal, er... conclusion!  It was so awesome to see it on opening night with jamie just like the original film 5 years ago!  I can't believe it's been so long, and was a pretty freaking epic conclusion.  Still processing, but happy with just loving it for now :)



Suzie

Wow, I really haven't been taking a lot of photographs this week. It's been so dark, editing video just seems to be where I am at. This originally was double the length because I did start off trying to teach stitches and such (which is why I was so frustrated in stART) so I decided to make is more about why and how you make the brain slug this way. The second half is a speedy look into assembling it which nobody every shows in detail. I already had one woman say she liked it so yay!

It was hard getting rid of all that work. I will be doing a step-by-step tutorial with the spats just to see what it's like and how I feel about it.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

You both look so happy and Shannon, you are just beaming in Jamie's pic! I love these photos and I am so happy your enjoyed finishing the epicness of this storytelling experience. :)

Shannon said...

Wow, I totally thought I commented yesterday!

That's so cool Jamie that you have so many pics of me taking pictures of posters - just goes to show we all see and experience the same thing, but ever so differently!

I love the brainslug non-tutorial Suzie! And I so get the frustration of starting in one direction and it not working out, but I loved what you came up with. I especially love when you look at the camera for a moment when it's done - so CUTE!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love seeing you so happy and you're right, we can all have different experiences simultaneously, which is pretty amazing.

Thank you for watching the tutorial Shannon! And for liking the decision I made. I hope it comes across as kind of cohesive and thanks for watching right to the end. ;) I didn't know if anyone would notice that, LOL.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I loved the tutorial, Suzie. You're right that not many people show the detail of the assembling process, and it's so helpful! Yay you for not only creating the brain slug but for sharing its creation too!

And lol, yes, I love having all this pictures of Shannon taking pictures. I like meta ;)