The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012

Jamie

This weekend we really spontaneously decided to head down to the Beaches and hang out for a bit. It turned out to be a fabulous outing, including bumping into Vince from Haven at Starbucks! We didn't go up and say hi but I did give him a big "I recognize you and love your show but am totally respecting your privacy" smile. I hope he got that message, hehe. Afterwards, we walked a bit farther than we normally do and decided to stop for dinner at this wonderful Thai restaurant. The food was fabulous and we had a really good time. Sometimes it rocks to be spontaneous!

Choco Cafe with Friends

Suzie

Saturday was crazy! In a good way. We started off with Chinese food and then the D&D ladies went to a new cafe that is actually open on Saturday nights. It's the Choco Cafe and I treated everyone to a chocolate fondue and had some amazing hot chocolate. It's getting cold here and I'm still struggling with getting over my cold but it all kind of rocked and was worthwhile.

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Looks like it was outings for us, Suzie! Mmm... I can't believe you have a cafe that serves chocolate fondue. That is awesome. Sounds like a wonderful time!

Suzie Ridler said...

Holy crap! Did you really see Vince Jamie?! I love it! And your super star etiquette was awesome. I bet he loved that. That place you went to is absolutely gorgeous.

It was a little pot of melted chocolate surrounded by fruit, cookies and marshmallows. Divine! And it's open on Saturday nights so I will be back. Nothing is even open on Saturdays at this time of year, let alone evenings. Totally rocks!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

That sounds so delicious. What a treat! Not to mention the treat of finding a Saturday night spot!

It was totally him. At first we were doubting it but then saw (and heard) that he was literally working on lines and delivery for something, so we were 100% sure it was him.

I feel a little bit like it would have been nice to tell him how much we enjoy the show - and that my sisters talk about it on a podcast! Maybe next time :)

Shannon said...

Fun weekend outings all around!! I love that you saw Vince from Haven Jamie!!! He's on twitter - I think as like HavenVince :) So cool to do the 'I know you and you rock!' but not intrusive thing, WTG.

Sounds like a fun night out with the ladies Suzie! And with chocolate fondue to boot, that's so awesome. One thing to enjoy when the cold comes is definitely the delight of hot liquid beverages :)

Suzie Ridler said...

That is so cool and makes me wonder if he lives in Toronto? I didn't put this in the post on Haven but I was sitting in the front row and Vince kind of... well, um... looked me over? I turned around to see who he was looking at. In retrospect it's kind of funny but I was so confused at the time.