The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

November 4, 2012: Rewind

Jamie

I can't believe it's been 5 years since I was in my expressive arts training program. As well as all the learning, it was great to have had a regular structure for creation. The program really stressed how important it was for each of us to be in our own creative practice as well. I loved making this installation piece. When in place there were several collaged ornaments hanging from the ceiling as well. I wish I had a picture of it all in place! The little balls in the centre had velcro and you would cast them at the net while making a wish.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That is quite a while ago now Jamie and I love this project! Quite large and all-space accessible for self-expression. Fantastic!

I have officially gotten sick, sorry I couldn't contribute!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I'm so sorry you're sick, Suzie. Take good care of you!

And thanks for the kind words. That experience helped me realize how much I love installation art. It's not something I've really thought about when only working at home. It was good to revisit that aspect of my creativity!

Shannon said...

Wow, 5 years? Really? Wow! That's amazing! What a beautiful rewind, I love how there is so much to look at and be curious about. It also reminds me of the advisory council idea with all the cards at the bottom. Very interesting.

I am so sorry to hear you are sick Suzie! I hope you get to rest up and feel better soon :)