The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

November 24, 2012

Jamie

So... my niece introduced me to The Spice Kittens. I am a little embarrassed by just how much I have watched these four, their mom and Foster Dad John since she did! It is amazingly compelling to watch them jump around and play. The chat is fascinating too. A whole culture has developed around Sage, Pepper, Basil and (I haven't heard the fourth one's name yet, hehe)


Shannon

I was so excited to see that they had On Demand FOR FREE a big fight I missed ages ago from when I first started watching The Ultimate Fighter (in reruns) where the coaches were Georges St-Pierre and Josh Koscheck.  I remember being so mad at the time because the finale is so much longer than the regular show that they didn't end up airing it in repeats, although this fight might not have even been included.  Anyway, with a HUGE new fight with GSP last Saturday, they had a bunch of older stuff available for free to watch, and that means I got to see it!  FINALLY!  It was intense.  Lol, I'm sure you guys LOVE when I post about MMA!

Photobucket

Suzie

Photobucket

Sorry about adding TWO photos! LOL. But I wanted to show you how I found a spot for the drill press and my vice and now I can bring out my toaster oven and proofer so I can make clay and Ice Resin pendants safely in the crafts room and keep my kitchen separate. Did you know there are hardly any Es in Alphas Bits? I am having a hard time making Hexed pendants without them!

7 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay to finally being able to watch that, Shannon! That's great news. I love how much you're enjoying MMA!

Suzie, that's fabulous! Your crafts room looks awesome and ready to go! I'm looking forward to seeing your creations. That's so weird about the E's in Alpha Bits! I wonder if that's always the case or whether you got a rogue box!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh, I think the fourth Kitten's name might be Rosemary.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

I heard them saying Rosie in the chat. Sigh. Yes, I already have been watching The Spice Kittens. They are *so* cute! I saw the Momma cat too today for the first time! hehe. Oh, Rosie might be the momma cat. TY for introducing me to an new addiction, er... source of entertainment!

Way to go on the crafts room progress Suzie! That is awesome news and I didn't realized that you *use* the toaster oven in there, I thought it was just... in there! lol And that sucks about the E's I wonder if you can use other bits of letters to create the E's if there isn't enough although that's kind of not the spirit of the using Alphabits! I hope you find more E's and I can't wait to see them!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

LOL, I'm glad you're enjoying the kittens too, Shannon! I do think Rosie is the Mom.

Suzie Ridler said...

I know how much you love it Shannon and that's the important part and there's nothing better than seeing a live event, except getting to also see it for free so yay!

OMG, the kittens are all named after spices and herbs, I love it! Reg and I got caught watching them last night and were amazed at how much happened in just five minutes. I can see why it could be totally addicting.

I think I might go through the entire box of Alpha Bits tonight and see if there are ANY Es, so far I haven't come across them but I haven't been super thorough.

Thank you! I feel so much better with the room the way it is. Making pendants in some ways, oddly because of the mediums I use, requires a second kitchen to keep everything safe and healthy. I feel much better about it now.

Toaster oven is for shrinky dinks and clay. Proofer is to keep the Ice Resin warm BTW.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Okay, I found their names for true:

"The kittens are Basil (mostly orange), Mace (orange & white), Sage (tan/buff), and Pepper (B&W and the only girl). Mama is Rosemary and her tail has been called "Ralph"; she was a stray. They were born October 5th."

And here's a cute video of two of them: http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/TheSpiceKittens/videos/6474415

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I just found out the reason the mama's tail has a name is because it's so often mistaken for an additional kitten, LOL!