The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31, 2012

Jamie

I'm playing with a new kind of journal. I'm putting everything that I'm thinking about, that's inspiring me, that I'm working on, in one place. Usually I just can't do this because I want to write in one kind of book and put pictures in another kind of book but forget that, I'm just gathering. I'm keeping it near me and as I think of things or hear things or notice things, I add it. I'm trying to keep it simple and clear so that I can scan it easier later when I'm ready to develop an idea or want to remember what was inspiring me in the summer of 2012.




Shannon

Olympics 2012 continue and there was lots to enjoy including quite many surprizes during the men's team gymnastics and a formidable vault by Kristian Thomas of Great Britain. But I started my day off very early watching awesome matches in Judo including Ugo Legrand (France) vs Ki-Chun WANG (South Korea) in a great fight. But my heart just leap when 15 year old Ruta Meilutyle won the Gold for Lithuania, the first every medal for Lithuania in swimming. Wow. What a whirlwind of an emotionally exciting day.



Suzie

I got a Amazon Visa card and when I signed up I got a $15 girl certificate. I used it on these books so I essentially got two for one. Jamie, the one on the right is the one I had taken out of the library that had easier-to-read patterns that I brought on my visit.

The one of the left is the author of the online workshop I am doing. She is such a good teacher and the workshop has helped me immensely already. There are just some things that are too hard for me to learn by book so the workshop is helping me with that and then hopefully I can apply the knowledge to the books I bought. Super exciting! Now I just need to find time and energy. That's the hard part.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, I have the same issue when I actually sit down with pen and paper. I want everything to have its place. I totally love that you are brainstorming and working in one spot and it may actually end up like a journal of ideas during the same time, that is awesome!

Shannon, I heard the men's gymnastics was quite emotional. Although I don't know what that means because I wasn't watching. I guess people on FB were quite moved. A lot of my U.S. friends hate the U.S. coverage, saying it's really obnoxious. So glad you're getting Canadian coverage instead.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love seeing what we're all up to!

What wonderful Olympic moments. I was glued to the men's gymnastics yesterday. What a memorable set. How wonderful that young girl got the swimming medal. Amazing!

Those look like great books, Suzie! And yay to taking the course. I'm glad you're learning loads. I'm not surprised it's making all the difference. I look forward to hearing ore about what you're learning - and seeing what you're working on too!

Shannon said...

Sounds like an interesting new way to journal Jamie! I like the idea and I love that you are going with it - I hope it works for ya! I love the idea of having ideas seasonally captured :)

Way to go Suzie on getting some awesome books they sounds really great and I know that you are enjoying the course which is always a good sign for enjoying a book!