The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4, 2012

Jamie

Last year when we went to WDS one of the smartest things I did for myself was to take time to get my nails done before I left. I thought I didn't have the time for that hour to myself but my gosh, not only did it give me time to breathe, time for some real "chair and stare" time, but also it helped me feel polished for the whole trip. Well worth the investment of both time and money. Mani-pedis are something I'm inviting into my life, more and more.



Shannon

Today I officially announced that I'm taking a break over at Movie Moxie, or as I like to say "Gone Fishing!" I wonder what I'll fish up.


Photobucket

Suzie

Yesterday was all about catching up and getting stuff done, buying bus tickets... I realized I am more determined than ever to do product reviews of Black Label products. I find them fascinating so I took a photo of them while I was out shopping.

6 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, congrats, Shannon! This is such a big deal. I'm so glad to be going on this "fishing trip" together, hehe. Enjoy some down time. You really, really deserve it.

Shannon said...

Wow, that looks like an awesome place to get your nails done Jamie! I hope the chair & stare time served you well and I'm sure the nails will make you feel awesome for the entire trip!

And I certainly will enjoy the downtime; Fish, or no fish :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Good for you Jamie! So glad you did it again this year. Now you're all ready with your pretty nails and awesome hair cut. Hope you have an amazing time!

Shannon, I think letting go of the site for a while is a genius idea. Glad you are going to have lots of company while you're on the fishing trip. Sometimes it is just good to unplug.

Sorry my post was late! I had to go to the medical clinic this morning. Couldn't take being deaf one more second. I can hear again and am so grateful.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Hey, look, there are herbs de Provence!! I can't wait to see how you cook with those, Suzie. Well, of course I can wait until it's just the right time for you, hehe!

I'm so glad the trip to the doctor helped your hearing.

And thanks so much for the encouragement about this self-care time. Next year, maybe I'll even get my brows done! LOL.

Suzie Ridler said...

I know! Isn't that amazing they have Herbes de Provence? I may have to buy some and compare them to the real deal. Oh Jamie, those herbs smell so good, what a treat, thank you.

I was scared I had some hearing loss and it just got worse after I got home. Turns out the treatment I have been using isn't an effective one. I have new drops now, hopefully that will help. Oh to just hear again.

Yes, brows next year too! Or maybe when you come home as a treat? I've actually starting doing my own and it does make a difference to how I feel. I definitely want to start getting manicures too, especially once I start doing videos big time.

Shannon said...

Sounds like you have intensity on those product reviews Suzie! I hope they are awesome and wildly serendipidious to the herbs du Provence! And very glad you can hear again, that's very important!