The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 17, 2012

Jamie

I've been up super-early these days with so much to do. One of the advantages of getting up at different times is seeing the light in new ways. Yesterday I saw this beautiful light sculpture on my wall at 6:00 am. The sun streamed in the window and bounced off my mirrored mat to create this mobile or windchime of light. Love it!




Shannon

I had an awesome time hanging out with a new computer!! Downloading and troubleshooting programs, transferring films and it all went smoothly. So awesome & a big TY to Jamie for sharing it with me!! It's so nice to use one that....works :)


See, it is very dangerous for me to be left alone. This is what happens when I get bored! LOL. Just kidding.


Suzie

Captain Morgan Private Stock sent me a bottle of their amazing rum which I have been taste testing and last night even cooked a chicken dinner with it that Reg and I adored. I decided with the pirate festival and the tall ships fest all coming up, to have some fun and dress up as a rum-drinking pirate myself for the post. I can't tell you how much guts and silliness it took me to do this but who says I have to wait until Halloween to dress up? I'm embracing the idea of costumes and having fun more and more. My readers know I tell the truth so a little bit of costume drama might add some levity to my posts.

What wasn't fun was makeup smearing due to the humidity. Blech!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That is totally awesome to have those light sparklies Jamie! What a treat to see (especially so early in the morning!

What a fun way to enjoy a product Suzie! I love the tryptich you created, totally fun :)

Suzie Ridler said...

That lighting is wild Jamie! Totally magical!

Shannon, what a relief, I am so glad that you have a computer that works. Yay to Jamie for helping you out.

So glad you like the pirate tryptich Shannon. It was a lot of work but fun.