The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21, 2012


Jamie
 
Yesterday's big event was hosting Susannah Conway's book tour here in Toronto along with my dear friend Tanya Geisler. A gorgeous group of women came out and the conversation was honest, deep and lively! Susannah shared a reading and then signed books while everyone had a chance to enjoy cupcakes, coffee and connection with like-hearted women. What a joy!
 

July 21, 2012

Suzie

To give my back a break today (OK, my lower back a break, my upper back is now unhappy) I got out some of the pieces I bought when I was in Toronto and made two necklaces. That is unbelievable for me! This one doesn't look like much but when I wear it as a choker, very powerful. I love it!

I was scared I would never want to create jewellery again but now that I can see my style more in my head (thanks a lot to you two!) it is getting easier. Bigger, bolder and not too complicated. I can do that.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

It looks amazing Suzie! How awesome to get back to jewelry making and I'm happy to hear that doing so is a break for your back!

Suzie Ridler said...

Thank you Shannon! It was really wonderful, I was starting to get worried the magic had left the crafts room. :)