The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012


Jamie

What an absolutely crazy day to go downtown to pick up a few things I needed for the World Domination Summit. It was Canada Day and the Gay Pride Parade - not to mention the Jazz Festival! (There's always something going on in Toronto!) The absolutely beautiful thing was that in the midst of all those crowds were so many smiling people. Even on the crowded subway, people were in good spirits, friendly and talking to one another. It was a lovely day.



Shannon

I think this week's weekend watching might appear a little bit similar to last weeks, with more Bond and second try at Mirror Mirror (first try didn't work as DVD was warped). It was kinda nice to only have a few things to get through and to keep the weekend low key.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Lots of colourful awesomeness there Jamie! And so exciting that a crazy bustling day was still a fun one to be around :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Amazing colours, it is true! And i love how much was going on in Toronto, so envious. Happy people talking in the subway too? How could it get better?

Low key and catching sounds good to me Shannon and how odd the DVD was warped! Not to mention disappointing.

Reg and I were out too, got attacked by bugs in the closest park to us and turned around and came back to town. Not the day out we wanted!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Bug attack! That sucks - and sounds a little like a movie that Shannon would be watching on the weekend, lol. I hope you don't have bites!

Yay to a lighter load this weekend, Shannon. I hope you enjoyed what you did see.

When I first headed downtown I almost turned around thinking it was a a crazy time to shop. I'm so glad I didn't because it was awesome to see people smiling, celebrating and all dressed up. One woman was the most amazing, amazing mermaid.

On the way home, a young guy on the subway demonstrated his awesome skills with a soccer ball and had the whole car smiling and clapping!

It was a great day.

Suzie Ridler said...

It felt like out of the movies! Ugh, I hate bugs. I guess that is why people are so into nature out west, there just aren't as many.

Did you like the latest Bond movie Shannon?

I have never been to a Pride parade but I love the sound of it, sounds like a hoot. A mermaid? Love the costume idea! So nice to hear about people having so much fun on the subway. Toronto is really changing, I can feel it and it is amazing. So different than when we were growing up.

Thunderstorms here today so we are kind of stuck at home! The rain has totally psycho.