The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012

Jamie

Sometimes you just need a cupcake. And an optical illusion. Hmm... I think technically the cupcake on the left should look bigger because it's on a smaller plate but to my eyes, the one on the right looks bigger. Fascinating. Either way, they were delish!



Shannon

And there is the proof that they were delish! Oh my goodness, what a lovely treat :)




I worked on and published my McDonald's interview yesterday. Interest was not super high which is too bad but maybe more people will watch over the weekend. I am just glad I got the tech figured out.

Been spending a lot of time either walking or on the computer this week and my lower back has had it. Need to rest and give it a break.

6 comments:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Way to go for figuring out the interview Suzie I can't wait to watch it! I find that sometimes with YouTube when you post makes a big difference, and with blogging I found that I always want something up in the morning, but in contrast my YouTubers are likely to watch it at night. It's always good to give it a whole 24 hrs to really see when people are watching.

And YAY for the awesomeness of cupcakes :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh man, you are driving me crazy! What kind of cupcake was it? It looks kind of pink on top? Obvious a chocolate one. Funny how the size of the plate effects how it looks but obviously, not how it tastes.

I'm up to almost 30 views so that's pretty good and good point Shannon. When I check my stats, night time seems to be the time people come visit my blog.

I thought people would be curious about the interview but maybe it's just not their thing. I am loving the interviews but gotta figure out who to interview next. Either of you want to Skype with me about food?! I would love that but no pressure.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Suzie, I love your suggestion!! I'm so sure that one day I'll walk into McDonald's and they'll have a portobello mushroom on the menu and I'll know it's because of you!

This was a different energy from you in the video. It was like you had on your "investigative reporter" hat! Very cool. Congrats on the interview.

LOL, Shannon I love that our pics are before and afters! Suzie, I totally thought they would be chocolate from the look of them but in fact they were spice. The icing was very light and had an ever so slight hint of lemon. Super-delish!

Suzie Ridler said...

I really hope so Jamie, I think they should have a veggie burger for vegetarians and it wouldn't be that hard. Wouldn't that be cool if I inspire them to make a portobello mushroom burger, that would rock!

I was very nervous about doing the video and wanted to get everything right, pay attention and am glad I came across more like an investigative reporter, that is awesome!

Wow, spice cupcakes with a light lemon frosting? Fabulous! Thanks for letting me know. I feel better now.

Shannon said...

With the video - also check when people watch it on YouTube (they have stats under Analytics), it's a bit of a different audience.

And the cupcakes were awesome, and they were Dufflet :) YUM

Suzie Ridler said...

Analytics! That's awesome, I didn't see that before. Although I can't figure out how to see when people come to watch. Interesting to see the other stats though, more Americans watch me than Canadians!