The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11, 2012

Jamie

I may be home but in many ways my heart and energy are still at WDS. I spent the day starting to go through some of the learning, some of the connections, some of the pictures. I want to be sure to make the most of this extraordinary experience.



Shannon

First morning pages back in the T-dot, however I still did them out for coffee, so it felt like I was still away! Took ages to get through them as I was very distracted by my other lists which I don't usually keep on the table at the same time but there was so much that wanted to come out of my brain and I didn't want to miss any of it!


Under Our Willow Tree

Suzie

Don't know if you saw on FB but as I was taking my new camcorder out of the box yesterday I was attacked by a giant flying ant. I carefully put down the camera and managed to get the ant out of the house. I was so panicked and adrenaline-filled that I could not for the life of me figure out how to charge the battery and decided to give up until Reg came home.

Then I calmed down and tried again. I figured out that you have to connect the camera to the power source directly through an adapter and then gently slide the battery pack up through the back of the camcorder. Not intuitive for a camera person at all but I did it! Maybe today I will actually turn it on?!

2 comments:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Jamie it looks like we are still getting used to being back! I love how you want to make the most of it, I hope I can do that too and not get swept away by the days ahead!

Way to go Suzie for dealing with the ant and staying calm, and for getting to the first step of new-camera-ness! That's awesome! I step at a time :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Sounds like both have so much to process from the summit, it might be overwhelming. Feel free to share any insights, especially at the triple threat blog, would love to hear all about it.

Thanks Shannon, I was so freaked out and am glad I didn't drop the camera and just dealt with it and then the battery. :) Yay!