The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18, 2012

Jamie

I've been giggling at the Mona Lisa at our art picnic coffee shop every since I got back from Paris. I have no idea whether she was there before and I never noticed her or she showed up as a timely addition upon my return. I'm feeling really stretched and busy but it was really nice to sit with some like-hearted friends and share our stories. I felt really supported today.



Shannon

The storm that never was.... you can see it trying to brew here and it made for a fantastic night sky but we barely got a drop of rain. Alas, the heat wave did appear to break so that's all good.



Suzie

I went to the library to return and pick up books and then came home to an email notice that a book I had out (one of the best ones) was due soon! And, I couldn't renew it.

So while dinner was cooking last night I sped read How to Shoot Video that Doesn't Suck. It is more for filmmakers than vloggers but it was very helpful. Oh well... Back to the library it goes...

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That's so awesome to see the Mona Lisa ...even though you've seen the real one! And that it makes you giggle Jamie is totally awesome :)

Wow, reading and cooking Suzie? That's a venture I've not tried! Sounds like you got enough from the book then, that's one way to work it! Amazing your library sends you reminders on due dates! That's very helpful.

Suzie Ridler said...

Love the Mona Lisa and I think she is smiling just for you Jamie. She knew you would come and see her. I am glad you have people you can talk to and share stories with, that is so important Jamie.

Shannon, that's been happening here too, promising rain and then nothing but I know you guys need it so badly! I am glad to hear that the heat wave finally broke. I called Mom last night to check in on her and she had ordered takeout which was very smart.

Shannon, I rarely allow myself any distractions in the kitchen but that's how interesting this book was. I don't think I could take stuff out of the library without the reminders. I usually bring stuff right away, it's rare for me to have a book to the deadline.

Shannon said...

You could always request the book again :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Totally true Shannon! I'm working on a YouTube book right now and I'm always on to the next thing, LOL but you're absolutely right. I could!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, look at that sky! We were so prepared for a crazy storm. I'm surprised it didn't show up. My poor garden. It really needed that rain.

That's wild you managed to get through the book while cooking! And yay to it being that interesting. I'll look forward to hearing more about it.

I struggle with getting books back to the library on time. I always end up feeling too busy to make the trek. Still, I'm going to risk it again. I want to get out a bunch of books on journalling.

Suzie Ridler said...

Our lawn is total hay Jamie, so dry! So weird for here. I get anxious about my library books too Jamie. Those journalling books sound worth it. I ordered some crochet books. Been wanting to get back to doing that again.