The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 13, 2012

Jamie

I didn't think I had any pictures from this day but I did! This was time for my monthly entrepreneurial coffee with my dear friend, Annabel. Now that I'm thinking about it, Annabel and I have been meeting in this coffee shop for what might be close to 10 years! We've met through day jobs, through each of us striking out on our own and even through the shops own renovations! It's been amazing to be consistent support for one another.

 

Shannon

This week has been a lot of debriefing and collecting ideas and also catching up with things like awesome new TV series like School Spirits which debuted last week. Totally creepy and compelling non fiction paranormal show that shows dramatic recreations of the paranormal events. I know it sounds like a recipe for cheese but it's a world of brilliant brie. Loved both of the first 2 episodes.


Ask Suzie the Foodie: Episode 1

Suzie

Yesterday I stumbled through using my new camcorder to take the video for Ask Suzie the Foodie and here it is! The quality was excellent and Jamie, I was relieved to discover you were right and I don't have a lisp! I did a lot of editing too to break it down and I think that helped. The only issue is I wanted my shirt in the frame and it only gets the neckline. To get the photo above I had to have my camera right above me and it still didn't get most of the the shirt. I guess I have to think more about necklines when I do video because I ended up looking like a bum!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go Suzie for using your new camcorder and making your first Ask The Suzie video ! I can't wait to see it and I'm sure you don't look like a bum, how could only a neckline say such a thing? But it's good to know what ya like, and what you don't. Okay - I'm going to go watch it now!!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

LOL, Shannon, I love that a recipe for cheese ended up being brilliant brie! Enjoy!!

And WTG, Suzie! Yay you for diving in and making it go. I can't wait to go over and have a look. You look totally cute in that pic!

And yay to the no lisp thing. I was totally floored when I first heard myself. It was Justin who let me know it's the ability of the mic to pic up the details. Phew! Those babies should come with a warning! Okay, off to your vid :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, I am so excited you are enjoying School Spirits! Now you are ahead of me, LOL. Going to watch it tonight, I love spooky shows on Friday nights.

Thanks Shannon, the shirt was a big baggy and I looked warm so I was worried that I looked like I had just come from the gym, LOL.

Thanks for the support, made for quite the stressful week but I am glad I figured it out, well, kind of.

It is true! That has to go into our special project, warn people about the evil fake lisp!