The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012

Jamie

People make jokes about watching paint dry but I love, love, love watching it get mixed. I remember picking the paint for my room when I'd moved in with Shannon: entanglement. When they poured in magenta, cerulean and a touch of black, I knew it was going to be a win. I adored it. This weekend we picked up some Champagne Sparkle for repainting the spare room. It's a cheerful light yellow that we're thinking will keep it warm and welcoming for guests. 


Shannon

Hanging out and idea plotting and reprieving from the heat at Jamie's was a lovely way to spend a Sunday :)


Photobucket Photobucket

Suzie

This weekend was all about going on the hunt for materials and piece for Reg's Hal-Con costume. I have been going to my thrift store on a regular basis to find him the right boots and there was nothing ever anything close. He goes to this Value Village and finds the perfect boots in seconds! I guess they were meant to me. I also got some cool necklaces I want to wear in my future videos.

I had a blast going to flea markets with VV with Reg. One of my favourite days in Nova Scotia ever!

5 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Woohoo to favourite days, Suzie! I'm glad that Reg got what he needed. I'm sure you warmed up VV for him :) Can't wait to see your new necklaces too!

Shannon, it was awesome having you over yesterday. Sitting and working at the kitchen table together reminds me of us all hanging out in different configurations at the dining room table on Morewood :)

Suzie Ridler said...

I love the colour champagne! That was the name of the roses at my wedding. Great colour choice. So cool to watch that paint dance, LOL.

Shannon, so glad you could get out of the heat and hang at Jamie's and get stuff done! I loved hanging out at the dining room table on Morewood too, I think of that all the time.

Reg is looking for a brown leather weight lifting belt and we just can't find it anywhere. I do hope that means he will take me to VV again in the future. Will share necklaces soon!

Shannon said...

Sounds like awesome adventures all around! YAY to watching paint mix (I'm always impressed by the vigor of those crazy mixing machines!) and Entanglement was such an awesome colour. I realized I forgot to pop downstairs to see how Champagne Sparkle turned out!! Drat!

Sunds like fun times at the flea markers and VVs Suzie! I love how you never know what treasures you will find on those treks :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Entanglement is the coolest name, love it. I can't wait to see the room all painted champagne-y. It's true, that's half the fun, not knowing Shannon. Plus Storage Wars has given me the treasure-hunting bug big time!

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love paint names. Entanglement is my all time favourite. Originally the colour we'd chosen for downstairs was Warm Hug!! I loved it but Justin didn't love the paint store that was available at. The closest fit was the Champagne Sparkle. It's a lovely, warm, light yellow.

I love that connection to your champagne roses, Suzie. I hope you'll enjoy that next visit :)