The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rewind: April 29, 2012

Jamie

I loved coming across this picture! Jason and Erin came to visit around his birthday in 2008. Of course, Jason had to mug for the picture, LOL! We also get a real rewind of our kitchen. Wow, has it changed.


Under the Willow Tree

Suzie

I don't know if either of you remember a purple and kind of ochre brown batik painting I did of a butterfly? I must have done it when I was in grade 4 and I loved it. It was the only time as a kid that I felt that I had any artistic talent at all.

I totally forgot about that memory until I started working on this strawberry shirt I am batiking. I had no idea if it's actually going to work but as I was doing the outline with paraffin wax I remembered the joy I experienced making that butterfly.

I am going to dye the shirt with strawberries! Which reminded me of when we dyed grandma's clothing altogether. I totally love that memory too.

2 comments:

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

Wow, awesome rewind!

I can't believe how long ago that visit was, where does the time go? And the kitchen? It's totally new!

Suzie I totally remember the batiking you did! The moment I read that I saw it in my head. I think it's so cool you are trying it out again now., working with resists is pretty cool - I love how you never quite know how it will turn out :)

Suzie Ridler said...

It is an awesome rewind! I love that pictures of everyone (except Jamie who I know is taking the photo). What an awesome get together and that is classic Jason, isn't it?

I was thinking the same thing about Jamie's kitchen, how totally different it is now. So much more Jamie's style now than before.

Wow Shannon, so happy you remember that batiking too! I don't have the proper tools so I just hacked it, hoping it would work. We'll see! And I agree, not knowing how it'll turn out is the best part.