The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, April 27, 2012

April 27, 2012

Jamie

Exquisite raspberry scone from our neighbourhood pastry shop. Suzie, we'll have to try it out when you're here! Justin and I were turning into stress balls planning for our trip and when I was huddled over the computer, compiling info and confirming reservations, he showed up smiling and put this on my desk. Yep, he's even sweeter than the scone!




Shannon

Hot Docs starts this week and I'm so excited! I've been covering the festival since 2008 and I can't wait to dive in to docs this year.


Photobucket

Suzie

Yesterday we finally got some sunlight so I could shoot a silver-cleaning video in my kitchen.

Remember all that silverware Reg bought at the church auction? The showdown he had with the antiques guy? Well it has all been sitting in the same plastic bag for all those years. I always wondered why Reg bought that silverware but now I can use it for my foodie blog! He must be psychic.

It was weird to film me in my kitchen but I kind of liked it. You can see the video here, if you're curious.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay Hot Docs! I can't believe we're missing it entirely this year. I love that festival. I hope you have an awesome time! I love the design in your pics!

Wow, Suzie, that's amazing. I love that we all have shared memories of the auction. How did it go with all that silver? I love silver but the cleaning is such a job!

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, that scone is wild! Justin really is a sweetie, isn't he?

I've been hearing about Hot Docs on CBC and thinking, Shannon's going to that!

It's true, love the auction! I miss it so much. Thanks for checking out the video. The way I cleaned it is so easy. It's not 100% perfect but what a difference. Even just for maintenance, it feels less overwhelming now.

Shannon the Movie Moxie said...

What a delicious delight that your honey surprized you with Jamie! That is so freaking awesome!

I loved your video Suzie, and what an amazing difference in the silverware with just a few basics and a little effort to make it all pretty -yay!!!