The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

July 9, 2015


Suzie

I had to go see my sleep doc to get paperwork and prescriptions taken care of and guess who is almost next door? The Vancouver Dance Store! I am never in this area so I went in and a lovely woman there helped me find shoes that would work. They are just traditional ballet slippers, turned out they were better for my arches than other shoes. I didn't get the "perfect" fitting ones because they were out which at first, really upset me. But these ones actually might work out better in some ways. I hope so. My feet have been through enough trauma. I can't wait to wear them tomorrow. I found some great ballet videos on YouTube! So weird ballet is what is calling me the most!

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow! Suzie, it really seems like you are in just the right place. It's amazing how much there is around you to support you and this creative life you are so fully stepping into! I saw a picture and these look wonderful. I hope they support you and your feet. Yay to reconnecting with your dancer self!

Shannon said...

What perfect timing to find a dance store Suzie! It's amazing that ballet has been calling to you, and I'm sure these shoes will help you out. I think you are riding a great dance wave and that is a beautiful thing.