The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 29, 2015


Shannon

I'm trying not to avoid, or avoid avoiding (lol) the last several pages in my composition book. I had some fun with crayons over this page, although I continue to be surprized that crayons aren't that easy to work with. I love the density of the colour, but I find a fair amount of pressure is needed to get that level of colour. I purposely left the opposing page blank, and I'm hoping that when I write on the next page it will go through and leave an impression of the colours. We'll see!



Since my makeup was done for stART I decided to do a quick little Kitchen Confession update about the cookbook situation. Talking to you two was definitely a highlight for me today!

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Yes, that is one of the reasons I have avoided crayons but wow, I love the effect Shannon! And that's true, if you write on the top page… Clever!!! :)

Shannon said...

So smart to double up on the benefit of having make up already done Suzie! I sometimes try to do that too, but can't usually do it on stART days. Way to go on your Kitchen Confessional. Totally and completely honest, and so you :) *hugs*

I should totally post the pic I did on the other side of this one, the wax totally transfered to the opposite page. It was so cool!