The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 14, 2015

Jamie

I am really enjoying spending early morning time with the kittens. It's wonderfully calm and quite (other than the mews). They are excited for breakfast, which has them lively and ready to come close, plus the lighting is so wonderful for photos.


Shannon

I was so happy that I finished this book! It was my May choice for the 2015 Book to Film Challenge, but I ended up putting it off for one reason or another and then when it came time to pick up the book for July I felt it was only fair to read this one first. It's odd, once I set my mind to it I finished it pretty quickly and even more oddly I'm still not quite sure how I feel about the book. It was all so....normal. I know I read a lot of "genre" stuff, but this felt so directly like it was simply life experiences and thoughts in such detail I kept wondering if it would change to have something greater. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm impressed I kept with it as it definitely was outside my regular scope of reading!

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Well, Shannon, I know one of the reasons you've followed these kinds of projects is to experience reading outside of your norm. I'm glad this was that for you. What a weird feeling to be unsure exactly how you feel about it. I wonder how you'll respond to the movie.

Shannon said...

What a wonderful picture of Escher Jamie! The light is simply magical. How wonderful to spend beautiful morning time together :)

Thank you for the reminder, it is so true that one of my objectives with this project is to read outside my comfort zone! I think this year I might have gone a little outside of it a little two often, I might have to bring more comfy books in if I do it again next year.