The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July 8, 2015


Suzie

Reg is now officially done school and I could officially open windows so we took on a big project I have personally been avoiding almost as long as we have lived here: hemming the curtains. First, because I couldn't get them off and on by myself. Second, I knew I would want to wash them. Third, I knew Reg would want to get out rulers and do it "right". Fourth, I knew they would get wrinkled and I wouldn't be able to force myself to keep them up there all wrinkled. But we did it and prevailed! Reg did all the nitpick-y stuff I hate and I did worked the hardware (sewing machine and iron). Yay!!! Now they look gorgeous and don't have almost two feet of fabric swishing on the floor. Sorry I couldn't get yours done too Jamie!

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Oh, Suzie, what a task! Congratulations. You are totally inspiring me. Mine are still sitting in bags waiting to have something happen with them! Yay you guys for being a great team and getting it done.

Shannon said...

Sounds like you two have complimentary skills when it comes to getting curtains done right! That project sounds very involved, I'm so glad to hear you prevailed and have less swishyness on the ground :)