The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1, 2015


Suzie

Remember that house I photographed with the orange tarp all over it? This is what it looks like now. Broken windows, no siding… I have no idea what they're going to do with it. Also notice how yellow the grass is? We are having a major drought here and summer has hardly begun. It was a freakin' hot day out there. So glad two of the places I had to go had air conditioning but it was brutal.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Wow, what a mystery that house is. It feels like it should have a story written about it! What a heat wave you guys are enduring. It's such a relief to go to the library or the movies or the grocery store - anywhere with air conditioning is a sanctuary. Remember to drink lots of water! (I know you do :))

Suzie Ridler said...

I always felt that house had a story to it! It's one of the only ones I've paid attention to in the hood. And it's just going to get hotter here. Our McD's air conditioning blew, ice machine blew… We thought we would get some relief there last night but no iced frappe for me!

Shannon said...

Wow that is such a wee little house, looks like it could use a lot of love. I'm sorry to hear it's been so dry out there and all the smoke too. What a huge challenge. I hope the reprieves of a/c places and lots of water help.