The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 30, 2017



Shannon

It was so cool to do Morning Pages surrounded by the art of Art Day! I had a great time hanging out with Jamie on Sunday and it was fun to spend the whole day making art, food and hanging out !!



Suzie

I had a bit of a struggle at the art studio today. Jamie, you inspired me to photograph the tablecloths that we do our art on. We were supposed to do form and working with negative space and again I went too literal. Everyone else was very conceptual and interesting and mine was boring. I think it is a reflection of my personal struggle right now. Had a hard time focusing on art and not my personal problems.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Shannon said...

Sounds like a challenging time in the studio, Suzie. It's true that when there is a lot going on, especially when struggling with thing, that creating of any kind is a challenge. It's harder to learn too. But you showed up, and that's a great thing too. *hugs*

Suzie Ridler said...

Thanks Shannon! Yes, I showed up which is huge.