The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

May 3, 2017

Jamie

A very creative day yesterday! I was up early and off to the gym and then to art class and then to stART! Though I am rather tired, especially coming off of the big studio launch, but still it is rather wonderful. We also brought Shibumi home, after a night at the vet. We are waiting for some test results and, in the meantime, she has some meds and it is very good to have her home. It is amazing how these three have become a part of our family.

Shannon

I flitted from one thing to another today, but barely took any pictures! Here's an early in the day shot from doing my morning pages.



Suzie

stART was awesome! Big highlight of my day and so was the hike although going after eating all those pickles (yes, I had more, Reg didn't like them). My tummy was all, what are you doing to me? Then I got so thirsty but it was worth it. And check out this photo! I took it with non-fancy cam and am thrilled with how it turned out. That's a magnolia petal that is hovering inside a tree stump. I took this at the golf course we hike around. I wanted to go to the restaurant for a bottle of water but it was closed which I guess it OK because of this photo. Wow! It has been a while since I took a photo of something other than food that made me happy.

3 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That's a lot for one day Jamie, especially with Shibumi being at the vet and having to go get her. I hope things continue to relax and improve for a bit.

Really beautiful shot Shannon, love the candle!

Shannon said...

Look at all that art goodness! Sounds like a very full and wonderful day Jamie, except Shibumi being at the vet of course, but I'm sure she is very happy to be home. I love seeing a peek at your art class.... looks amazing! I hope you are enjoying it.

Gorgeous photo Suzie! That is such a magical moment and amazing how vibrant the bloom is inside a tree! Did it fall in? And I'm not surprized you had more pickles... in fact, I would be surprized if there were any left! It was so fun to get together during stART! Always makes for a fun day.

Suzie Ridler said...

Yes, the magnolia tree was right above the stump, I love how it curled up like that. I actually managed to get through yesterday without any pickles!

stART is always a blast!