The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May 17, 2017

Jamie

It was so great to get a chance to hang out with both of you yesterday. What a rich day! Tuesdays I go to art class and every time I am amazed by all the beauty, including on these work tables. I think this is an awesome abstract painting. Maybe I would tweak the contrast a little but but then I would totally frame it!

Shannon

Here's a pic of one of the replications I was sharing on stART. I should have taken more pictures! But I think this was the point where I felt like I could see it was actually working. Thank you both so much for sharing how much you enjoyed my work when we were chatting on stART, I really appreciate it!



Suzie

Thanks for listening today. Just wanted to share my favourite piece from the studio. Spent the rest of the day doing laundry and resting.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Jamie, I totally think that work table is a work of art!

Shannon, honestly, I totally LOVED that style you (oh what's the term you like) were inspired to use and that is another awesome drawing!

Shannon said...

omg, art art ART!!!! Art Everywhere! how exciting!!

I love that even the tables at art school are art! And that you know what you would do to tweak it, and frame it. That's amazing! Inspiration everyone.

So far I've been saying replication for the style, but I am not qutie sure that makes sense. Still just doing stuff and seeing what happens, I hope I can get more articulate about the process soon.

I love that piece Suzie! And we are always here to listen *hugs*

Suzie Ridler said...

Replication! That's the word. Love it Shannon and thank you for the support. It means so much.

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Look at all this art. How wonderful!!

Shannon, I absolutely love what you're creating with this replication experiment. I am beyond impressed!

And Suzie, wow, that piece looks like it should be up on a wall. Just gorgeous.

Yay for our art!