The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

May 11, 2017

Jamie

Yesterday was an incredibly busy day and I was so tired that I almost didn't go to choir but I'm so glad I did. There's just something enlivening about going and singing together. Lats night was Hooked on a Feeling and I was in the oo-gah-chuck-ah crowd. It will take a while to get that out of my head! It was great hanging out with you guys yesterday afternoon too. I'm glad we got to not only watch the documentary but talk through it too!


Shannon

I'm having fun reading an illustrated edition of Grimm's Fairy Tales, and the one I read today was pretty awesome and followed a bunch of animals who basically decided to quite their day jobs and become the town musicians (although they ended up stealing people's dinner instead). So far, it is the one that made the least sense but it was still very entertaining!



Suzie

Hanging out with you two was definitely the highlight. I think I'm coming down with the stomach flu and really not feeling super great. Got the mushrooms and then my calzones totally fell apart and I made KD for dinner which I hardly ate. Blech.

4 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I love that illustration, Shannon! Is that the Bremen Town Musicians? I think there must have been a special or something about it when we were kids. I'm glad you're enjoying the stories!

Oh, Suzie, I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and that your dinner didn't work out, especially after the extra effort of getting the mushrooms! I'm so glad we could all hang out and share some time together. It's always a highlight!

Suzie Ridler said...

Yay for Choirx3! :) So glad you got out to it despite being so busy Jamie.

Shannon, I always hear such scary things about their tales but that sounds awesome.

Thanks Jamie. I definitely had some kind of bug and was miserable for most of the night but feeling a bit better today.

Yes, so glad we got to hang out, especially before I got super sick!

Shannon said...

How often do you get to say "I was in the oo-gah-chuck-ah crowd"? Not often enough! I'm glad you got out to choir Jamie! Sounds like it was a great time. And one up side to shorter films is we can talk about them more! hehe! And yes, it was the Bremen Town Musicians! It's been my fave that I've read so far.

Sorry to hear the calzones fell apart Suzie, especially after getting the mushrooms. Good thing you had a back up of KD to get you through. And so far, the Fairy Tales haven't been super dark...which is something I've heard they can be. We'll see!

Suzie Ridler said...

That's so cool they're lighter than we thought! At least... So far!