The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

August 9, 2016

Jamie

One nice thing is that no matter how busy I am, no matter how much each day is the same as I sit in front of the computer and work, the kittens always give moments of cuteness. Scout really likes to play with the blankets while you're trying to make the bed. Clearly it brings out the hunter in him!


Shannon

It's only a few days into The Olympics and I fear I maybe overloading people with my enthusiasm for it! Today I treid to watch a lot more from the couch, so that I could get more rest but so much of what I like is online and not on the regular channel. I will work on that "balance" thing, heh. I (again) watched & enjoyed the judo matches, and also watched women's rugby, and Canada won bronze! The team sports, and any sport were 2 people or teams are facing off, are a bit strange as the person who gets silver, actually lost, so it's the gold winners and bronze winners that are the happiest. One really different thing is that judo has a gold, silver, and 2 bronzes awarded. I don't know why... I'll have to listen to the announcers more carefully tomorrow and see what they say.



Suzie

Hope that this is the last time I end up at UBC. I got my sleep study results and I don't have sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome but I do have a sleeping disorder and there isn't much they can do about it. So bloody frustrated...

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That's awesome Scout likes to play with the bed clothes like that!

Shannon, that's tough the online coverage is so much better when it's much harder to watch than the TV coverage.

Shannon said...

OH my goodness gracious, could Scout be any more sweet? If he was... I'm not sure I could take it. I'm glad you can have a moment out of your day for cuteness, Jamie!

I'm so sorry to hear that they clinic wasn't able to help you Suzie. Ruling out this is helpful, but I'm sure that doesn't make it any less frustrating :(

Thankfully the app for the Olympics has been working better now, so I can run it on my phone and watch it on TV. Today was much better, and much more horizontal. I'm still pretty ouchies, but I hope it will help.