The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Friday, August 26, 2016

August 26, 2016



Shannon

I'm sure this is a familiar stretch of land to you two! Going to the old hood is always a bit weird, there is a huge store going where Whell & Cullen was and it comes almost to the street! I think they are doing underground parking cuz there was tons of construction. Even if things changes around there, I always do some things the same way including rubbing a bit of this plant in my hand to get that Christmas smell, no matter what time of year. I don't know if the plant is stretching out to say hi, or giving me the finger from breaking off a piece! Oh, if plants could talk....




Suzie

One of our D&D pals has been away a lot this summer so we haven't played much but he's back! My friend had this D&D Mimic dice holder which I totally fell in love with. A Mimic looks like a treasure chest but will bite you if you try and open it. The purple tongue rocks! Didn't do much else but wait for a package that wasn't delivered on another crazy-hot day. It's going to be crazy-hot tomorrow but then we get a break, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

Not sure exactly where you are in the hood but love that you shared this photo! I can't believe that new store that has taken over the Weall & Cullen parking lot, that sucks. :(

Shannon said...

Ah, maybe I didn't leave enough road in the pic - it's between Weall & Cullen and Ikea. The construction up there makes it look different any time I'm there!

That is such an awesome photo Suzie! How delightfully dangerous that Mimic is! D&D sure can have a sense of humour!